Remapping

Hgvtraveller1 replied on 17/03/2021 13:12

Posted on 17/03/2021 13:12

Hi Owned a xc60 for a year now, 2016 model, Not AWD

It is a nice car, tows lovely, but i feel towing up hills in deepest Wales and the Lake District a little more oomph on these hills would not go amiss. 

Has anyone out there had their XC60 (or any tow car) remapped and if so what do you think of the results.

Look forward to hearing your views 

eribaMotters replied on 17/03/2021 15:59

Posted on 17/03/2021 13:12 by Hgvtraveller1

Hi Owned a xc60 for a year now, 2016 model, Not AWD

It is a nice car, tows lovely, but i feel towing up hills in deepest Wales and the Lake District a little more oomph on these hills would not go amiss. 

Has anyone out there had their XC60 (or any tow car) remapped and if so what do you think of the results.

Look forward to hearing your views 

Posted on 17/03/2021 15:59

Firstly, if you are insured with the C&MC, do not bother. Whilst adverts for companies supplying this service can be found in the magazine they will not cover any vehicle that has been remapped. I questioned them on this specific point a few years ago as I though it was underhand of them to take money from the companies but in effect condone the practice.

If insured with anybody else, the likes of Adrian Flux get excellent reviews, then it has to be a serious consideration now you are out of warranty.

My advice would be look at the owners forums for a specific answer on who is best to provide the service. ECU remaps and not tuning boxes are the way to go. The best companies will rolling road your vehicle giving before and after graphs. They will also be able to revert your ECU back to stock in the event of an issue and likewise revert it to the new state of tune if a main dealer altered during a service update.

Colin

flatcoat replied on 17/03/2021 16:40

Posted on 17/03/2021 16:40

Go for Volvo’s own Polestar remap, i have it on my V60 D6. It is expensive and there are cheaper remaps HOWEVER If you go on the Volvo OC forum you will sometimes find it on offer from Volvo dealers. I got mine for £350 instead of £750 by negotiating with the dealer. It preserves my used Volvo Selekt warranty and avoid accidental deletion when being serviced by Volvo. If you search on Volvo website you will find the details for the improvements to your particular car and if automatic the polestar map remaps the gearchange points to take advantage of the power increase. Few if any Independant remaps will include that feature. 

Hgvtraveller1 replied on 17/03/2021 18:49

Posted on 17/03/2021 18:49

Hi thank you all for your replies all very helpful. 

My Volvo has the Geely 2.0 Diesel engine 190 bhp 400nm

The car is fast enough at 0-60 in 8 seconds very quick for an Suv

so the remap would be mainly for extra Torque and Economy

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook