Passat v Compass Omega 505

knicho replied on 29/10/2012 09:07

Posted on 29/10/2012 09:07

I purchased a Compass Omega 505 in April and perhaps foolishly assumed my Passat 2.0tdi would be ok to pull it. ( 2011 model)

I have pumped various numbers into a few websites and also asked a few questions about my outfits suitability.

As a new caravan owner im obviously conscious of being safe but also a bit 'green' when it comes to the details.

Ive taken the van out 5 times now and had no problems but taken it very easily and been frugal with what its loaded into van ( over axle etc) and heavier items in car boot

Can anyone tell me a definitive means ot checking what my ratio is ( ive tried whattow car)

Should i be concerned?

The reason i ask is we are swapping my wifes car and wondered if we should think about a ' tower' if the passat is a problem   

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook