Milenco inside/outside door lock

Majorjo replied on 28/03/2019 16:51

Posted on 28/03/2019 16:51

Does anyone have experience of this new lock that can be operated from inside too?

I'm often nervous re someone entering caravan overnight when on a site I don't know. So  far have only seen extra locks for when outside the van. 

Thanks in anticipation of advice.

DavidKlyne replied on 28/03/2019 21:46

Posted on 28/03/2019 21:46

I rig up a small personal alarm between the door and grab handle on the inside of the motorhome. If someone tried to get in the door they would immediately pull the pin out of the alarm. They would have to be pretty quick thinking to replace the pin before waking everyone up!! Under a tenner as well.

David

Milothedog replied on 29/03/2019 14:00

Posted on 28/03/2019 21:46 by DavidKlyne

I rig up a small personal alarm between the door and grab handle on the inside of the motorhome. If someone tried to get in the door they would immediately pull the pin out of the alarm. They would have to be pretty quick thinking to replace the pin before waking everyone up!! Under a tenner as well.

David

Posted on 29/03/2019 14:00

What about having a man trap outside in front of the step as well, the screams will soon wake you up and they won't be able to get away.

tongue-out

redface replied on 29/03/2019 14:38

Posted on 29/03/2019 14:38

'What about having a man trap outside in front of the step as well, the screams will soon wake you up and they won't be able to get away.'

I tried that once but the warden got a bit upset when I started to dig a big hole in the pitch. I was persuaded not to do so.

Dawn F replied on 29/03/2019 14:55

Posted on 29/03/2019 14:55

Bit worried about what sites you stay on?  We lock our door with the factory fitted lock, the owner before us did have an extra lock fitted but we have never used it.  I have never felt unsafe on a site and I think if I did I would think again about staying there

brue replied on 29/03/2019 16:01

Posted on 29/03/2019 16:01

Which is worse, someone trying to get in, or in the case of fire you trying to get out. We just use what the van was fitted with, be careful about being over cautious.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook