Freelander 2 Sat nav probs

pete57 replied on 31/10/2017 10:41

Posted on 31/10/2017 10:41

I have been using it in France and found it would take us down roads that were not suitable, so when we arrived back home it was stuck on French Map. I thought it might need updating so I bought a Western Europe USB stick and followed the instructions to the letter, when it had finished I pressed ok and locked the car for at least 20 mins before getting back in. Now I can't enter post codes or addresses it seems to have lost memory and most of the functions are shaded out so nothing happens when I touch them. Please can any one help.

Forgot to say it's a 2013 sd4 if that helps.

Pete.

Metheven replied on 31/10/2017 10:53

Posted on 31/10/2017 10:53

Pete, sign up <HERE> for a better response, mine was spot on in France as were other European countries although used for guidance mostly when nearing destination. I assume you had originally set it up for personal suitability as it will default to shortest route, normally when a destination is set it gives you a choice of three routes, Eco, shortest and fastest. Also you can turn on 'Easy route' which will avoid minor roads, junctions, sharp turns and complex manoeuvres.

By the way, if you purchased the (expensive) USB stick from an authorised dealer/source then return the car to them. If it was the likes of Ebay then !!

Some have reported that the update takes hours and miraculously comes right eventually.

pete57 replied on 31/10/2017 13:02

Posted on 31/10/2017 13:02

Thanks Dave, yes it was from Ebay and I did get my money back but I wonder what it will cost in the end frown lesson learned. I have read on Forums all sorts of ideas one suggested crossing the battery terminals to reboot the system  (I don't think so)surprised anyway maybe some one will have had the same problem.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook