Ford Focus 1.6 (2008) & Sprite Musketeer

hyperjase replied on 25/05/2013 18:00

Posted on 25/05/2013 18:00

Hi all,

My mum and dad were in the Caravan Club many moons ago (1970/1980's) and I had many a fab holiday in our caravan.

Now it's my turn to re-kick those happy times with my family as I'm about to embark on buying a starter caravan.  I towed an old model back in the late 90's without few issues with my trusty old Sierra 1.8LX!

I've been looking into kerbside weights and the all important MTPLM which I wasn't aware of.  The kerbside weight of the Focus is 1820 (top figure as shown on the driver's door sticker) and the MTPLM of the caravan is 1060.  I'm seeing contradicting results on whether the caravan is too heavy for the car ... ?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me before I commit to buy as that's my next step (after having a tow bar fitted!).

Many thanks and looking forward (hopefully) to many years of carrying on my parents favourite pasttime.

Jason 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook