Elddis crusader storm

little n LARGE replied on 20/04/2018 12:49

Posted on 20/04/2018 12:49

Just about to change caravan to Elddis crusader storm  twin axle with weight upgrade MTPLM 1740, to 1800 to tow with Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel automatic,Tow car match figures are ok for this for an experienced driver, has anyone got any feedback or negative issues,they've experienced with towing with a similar matched outfit,really not wanting to change car

paul dale replied on 21/04/2018 16:47

Posted on 21/04/2018 16:47

My Santa Fe 2.2 diesel automatic tows my Elddis Crusader Supercyclone comfortably, with no problems whatsoever. As lornalou1 suggested, I would tend to load the car up rather than putting things into the van. This is what I always do and it then feels very stable, with more than enough power.

little n LARGE replied on 23/04/2018 10:16

Posted on 23/04/2018 10:16

Thankyou all for your positive replys and loading tips,other people's personal experiences are often more help than a set of figures 👍

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook