Dashcams

Scottie2 replied on 22/01/2018 20:39

Posted on 22/01/2018 20:39

I want to buy and have hard wired installation, a front facing dashcam after someone, unknown, misjudged their distance on turning their vehicle and left me with repair in a body shop. What make and model would those who have one already advise me to buy.  Are Nextbase products say the 412G good or is there better without spending more that £130. 

Tinwheeler replied on 22/01/2018 20:54

Posted on 22/01/2018 20:54

I have the Nextbase 512G (not the GW) which is pretty much the same as the 412G but has a Polaroid anti glare lens. It’s good and, in my opinion, is worth the extra cost.

Shop around as there are often bargains to be had.

Be aware that hard wiring is not always possibly depending on the electrics of your car. Mine has the wires concealed but is plugged into one of the 12v sockets.

lornalou1 replied on 23/01/2018 11:34

Posted on 23/01/2018 11:34

don't buy cheap. some are useless in the dark so if you do night driving not worth it. mines a nextbase and very happy with the quality of the recordings both day and night. some sat navs have a camera built in so best of both worlds.

bigherb replied on 25/01/2018 07:36

Posted on 25/01/2018 07:36

I've got the Nextbase 212 hard wired in, good video quality without paying for functions I never use. Most important bit is to buy a good quality memory cards. No matter how good the camera is if the card fails to record.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook