Audi Q5 hybrid

pandrcook replied on 03/02/2022 16:54

Posted on 03/02/2022 16:54

We are contemplating changing our towcar from a freelander 2 diesel and like the Audi Q5.  It seems sensible to go down the hybrid route these days.  Does anyone have experience of towing with the Audi.  Other comments on towing with hybrid fuel welcome

allanandjean replied on 03/02/2022 18:17

Posted on 03/02/2022 18:17

Hi, With a max EV range of “up to 38 miles” and our nearest supermarket being a 40 mile round trip we won’t  be getting one!

We are however on our third Q5 2 litre turbo diesel and our next car will likely be the same again or, lottery wins allowing, the Q6 that I was told will be here this year when I had a Q4 EV for a two day trial last year.

I think the fact we have had three speaks volumes, but just in case I will add that it’s a great car!!

JohnM20 replied on 04/02/2022 09:28

Posted on 04/02/2022 09:28

I thought there were quite a few people out there getting cold feet about hybrids because of the cost of new batteries after about 7 years or so. I have heard that the cost of the new battery is more than the value of the vehicle making it unsaleable on the second hand market.

flatcoat replied on 04/02/2022 13:12

Posted on 04/02/2022 09:28 by JohnM20

I thought there were quite a few people out there getting cold feet about hybrids because of the cost of new batteries after about 7 years or so. I have heard that the cost of the new battery is more than the value of the vehicle making it unsaleable on the second hand market.

Posted on 04/02/2022 13:12

Total urban myth - utter cobblers. Toyota give a 10 year guarantee on their hybrid batteries. In practice I have never heard of Toyota ever replacing a battery on one of their hybrids. 

hitchglitch replied on 04/02/2022 14:41

Posted on 04/02/2022 09:28 by JohnM20

Posted on 04/02/2022 14:41

Maybe you are confusing this with the 12volt auxiliary battery which on some hybrids is prone to going flat.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook