Anyone tow with a 2012-2017 Audi A8

steveatkey replied on 20/10/2017 17:05

Posted on 20/10/2017 17:05

hi all - just starting out on the caravan experience , and need to choose a car that can do a few specific jobs . I’m looking at a 1500kg caravan which I’m hoping to get in a few months . 

I am coming to the end of a company car lease and will need to choose a car that’s reliable , comfortable for lots of motorway miles , reasonable economy and also pull a wagon - AWD as well . I’ve looked at the various SUV but have been drawn to nearly new A8 ( not LWB) . The depreciation on these is astounding ( better value than a new Kia or Sorento etc . So my question is anyone out there actually tow with these and if so any comments , concerns or praise .... I’m open to other suggestions as well 

many thanks Steve 

steveatkey replied on 24/10/2017 07:58

Posted on 24/10/2017 07:58

That would be a great car - but the q7 probably fills that role , looked at the phaeton but to be honest it’s been left behind now in the comfort stakes - and are fairly rare with very low miles , thanks for the reply though ...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook