Also thinking of changing car

Pippah45 replied on 30/03/2021 17:38

Posted on 30/03/2021 17:38

Like Mickey I am considering changing car.  I am on my second Mitsubishi Outlander and have discovered they aren't making the Diesel version anymore and I am not convinced the PHEV would be good enough?  Then there is the Sport which I know nothing about?  But it seems to tick all the boxes.  

It's just me and dogs and the Outlander has suited very well.  The caravan is 1300kgs or thereabouts.  Last time I changed I liked the look of the Lexus but decided to stick with the devil I knew!  I don't want a low slung estate car as the advancing years mean they are not so attractive!  I should perhaps look at the Skoda Kodiaq (?).  I have towed with several Skoda Octavias in the past but low slung rules them out too.  

flatcoat replied on 30/03/2021 18:01

Posted on 30/03/2021 18:01

Mitsubishi are withdrawing from the Uk market this year so i personally wouldn’t buy one. The Outlander is also a 10 year old car and there are many far better PHEV’s now on the market, including some (rare) diesel PHEV’s from Mercedes. The Sport is more of a junior Shogun. I personally would go for the Skoda or any of its VAG cousins such as the VW Tiguan or Seat Terraco. I am sure you will be inundated with suggestions. For what its worth i drive a Volvo estate diesel plug-in Hybrid, not a fan of SUV’s. 

Pippah45 replied on 30/03/2021 19:46

Posted on 30/03/2021 19:46

Oooh thank you I didn't realise Mits was withdrawing from the UK - what a pity I have enjoyed the Outlanders.  Very useful information thank you.  As long as it passes it's MOT tomorrow I don't think I am in a rush to exchange since I can't get another one.  Their PHEV still only does 30 miles on one charge which doesn't seem great although OK for local shopping I suppose.  

Extugger replied on 31/03/2021 08:54

Posted on 31/03/2021 08:54

I would go for your other choice - Lexus. Superb vehicles.

kentman replied on 06/04/2021 22:43

Posted on 06/04/2021 22:43

We swapped our Discovery Sport (excellent tow car) for a Volvo XC90 mild diesel hybrid last year. It tows our Coachman VIP beautifully,  appears superbly built, has a huge luggage area, is wonderfully comfortable and is much more economic than a full size Discovery which we had been considering.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook