Advice on new tow car

1Tracey1 replied on 25/06/2022 16:11

Posted on 25/06/2022 16:11

So our car is over 7 years and could do with a new one. I can’t afford elec and know nothing about them (don’t even know if you can tow with them im so uninterested in cars). However the 2030 ceasing selling petrol/diesal is a factor in me renewing now, I’m hoping that when I’m next due a change elec will be more affordable (although I doubt it 😊).

is anyone in the same boat and if so have you gone for petrol or diesal?

Our caravan is only small(1000kg) so I’m tempted by petrol.our dog goes in the boot and we do CLs so prefer a small Crossover type. We currently have ssangyong which was very cheap at the time. Would like something with a bit more quality now but can’t afford a fortune-maybe Peugeot, Kia or Nissan.  

Wondered if an automatic petrol is feasible for towing and if anyone had any recommendations or suggestions to avoid or thoughts on petrol or diesal.Thanks I’m advance.

JVB66 replied on 25/06/2022 17:14

Posted on 25/06/2022 17:14

It is only new ICU  cars that will not be available in 2030

Used cars will still be available as will the fuel to power them

Cornersteady replied on 25/06/2022 17:25

Posted on 25/06/2022 17:25

I'm sure there will be plenty of advice but be warned new cars may take up to 20 weeks+ to arrive.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook