Adjusting towing mirrors

Scottie2 replied on 31/03/2018 08:35

Posted on 31/03/2018 08:35

With towing mirror heads being reasonably stiff to adjust to that fine accuracy and my wife finds trying to adjust the passenger side mirror from outside to my directions,  it’s food for thought if a manufacturer like Milenco or Towsure, could make mirrors with electric motors incorporated into them, the same as most cars nowadays have as standard, and had them prewired for a 12 volt connection from a dashboard mounted power supply socket, similar to what is done when mounting your dashcam power feed, then adjustment of towing mirrors by the driver from the drivers seat would be a doddle. No, it’s not April Fool’s Day. 

SteveL replied on 31/03/2018 09:38

Posted on 31/03/2018 09:38

I find that as long as I take them of carefully and put them in a locker where the are not disturbed, they are still OK when next attached. 

If I let OH remove them, I have to spend ages readjusting.☚ī¸

Cornersteady replied on 31/03/2018 10:18

Posted on 31/03/2018 09:38 by SteveL

I find that as long as I take them of carefully and put them in a locker where the are not disturbed, they are still OK when next attached. 

If I let OH remove them, I have to spend ages readjusting.☚ī¸

Posted on 31/03/2018 10:18

You're a braver man than me posting that? I take it Mrs Steve doesn't read these pages?

(actually Mrs CS doesn't)

replied on 31/03/2018 11:10

Posted on 31/03/2018 11:10

I adjust my own mirrors, remove and store carefully and I am protective of them so that there is little need to readjust over about 2 dozen uses a year

EmilysDad replied on 31/03/2018 13:03

Posted on 31/03/2018 11:10 by

I adjust my own mirrors, remove and store carefully and I am protective of them so that there is little need to readjust over about 2 dozen uses a year

Posted on 31/03/2018 13:03

My driver's side mirror tends to be set correctly each time they're refitted. The passenger side though can be anything from looking at the floor to watching planes go by 🤔

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook