2017 Best Overall Towcar

Heethers replied on 16/06/2017 07:51

Posted on 16/06/2017 07:51

One and never own another first 6 weeks spent four of them back in the garage admittedly it was the early disco, it had that many faults over 18 months cut me losses. Once bittern twice shy as the saying goes, went back to the shogun, two over the next 18 years never had a spanner on them apart from service. My view, you have your own. Now on a Hyundai Santa FE had it six months looking ok it will have a lot to come up to the Shogun standard. Here's hoping.

PS Santa FE with its discount 18K less than the Disco, top of the range Wiggins with all the bells and whistles

crown green bowler replied on 16/06/2017 10:45

Posted on 16/06/2017 07:51 by Heethers

One and never own another first 6 weeks spent four of them back in the garage admittedly it was the early disco, it had that many faults over 18 months cut me losses. Once bittern twice shy as the saying goes, went back to the shogun, two over the next 18 years never had a spanner on them apart from service. My view, you have your own. Now on a Hyundai Santa FE had it six months looking ok it will have a lot to come up to the Shogun standard. Here's hoping.

PS Santa FE with its discount 18K less than the Disco, top of the range Wiggins with all the bells and whistles

Posted on 16/06/2017 10:45

I have to agree with your comments and view about Shoguns,  we have owned two Shoguns over 16 years and can not fault them. Some people think they are like farm tractors but they keep going and get you home every time. We would never change our's.

Heethers replied on 17/06/2017 07:21

Posted on 17/06/2017 07:21

DaveFL2" "learnt something every day top of the range Hyundai! " So what you got in your car for 32k here's ours. Heated and cooled seats front an rear, heated steering wheel, lane departure, blind spot warning in both mirrors, self parking, 2 seat settings automatically sets has you get in, moves back on exit to give better access, cruise control, parking assist front and rear, speed control, automatic lights that even bend round to contour of road, automatic wipers, automatic dip head lights, fuel computer, 19" alloy wheels, sky sun roof, do you what me to go on cause there's more. Car should have been £37.700 we did a deal for 32k.. l am pleased with what l got for my money. the only other cars l have had other than the Shoguns let me down badly, won't name them for fearing l get agro posts

tigerfish replied on 17/06/2017 08:54

Posted on 17/06/2017 08:54

Well said Heethers!  In similar vein, I had 4 Toyota Landcruisers and put 90,000 on each before taking another. so a total on the landcruiser of 360,000 miles.  Unscheduled visits to garage - None!  Failures of anything other than service items, - None!  No. - not even a brake lamp bulb!  Those cars were totally reliable!   Sadly Toyota spoilt the engines in an effort to get lower emissions!  So I changed to Mercedes ML300CDI  Much better V6 Turbo Diesel than the Toyota, and far better on Fuel and Tyre wear. 35,000 per set and all worn at exactly the same rate.  BUT reliability not as good as the Toyota Landcruisers.  Let down by periodic electrical gremlins !

Would have tried a Disco but always put off buying one by stories of questionable reliability, I simply cannot accept any unreliability in any car, so will not buy one.

TF

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook