Dometic Fridge PCB board

path replied on 31/10/2021 00:05

Posted on 31/10/2021 00:05

Whilst we were away during the short heatwave in June our Dometic fridge in our five year old caravan stopped working. It turns out it is probably the PCB board. We have had one on order since June and there are none in the country and none have been delivered. 
The UK suppliers have a hundred reserved for customers and are not taking anymore names.Sounds as though this is a common problem on the Dometic fridge.
Can a PCB board be repaired?

SeasideBill replied on 31/10/2021 09:07

Posted on 31/10/2021 00:05 by path

Whilst we were away during the short heatwave in June our Dometic fridge in our five year old caravan stopped working. It turns out it is probably the PCB board. We have had one on order since June and there are none in the country and none have been delivered. 
The UK suppliers have a hundred reserved for customers and are not taking anymore names.Sounds as though this is a common problem on the Dometic fridge.
Can a PCB board be repaired?

Posted on 31/10/2021 09:07

You could always try LINK they test & repair Truma PCB boards but no mention of Dometic stuff.

SeasideBill replied on 31/10/2021 09:31

Posted on 31/10/2021 09:31

a further thought….you could try Electrolux PCB board repairers like this one LINK

PCB boards can generally be repaired but often discarded as it’s much easier to replace than test & repair. Locating the bloke in a shed that does it is the difficult bit - good luck.

You say “probably” the fault, have you tested the thermostat? They are prone to failure.

JohnM20 replied on 31/10/2021 09:49

Posted on 31/10/2021 09:49

There is a company at Burton-upon-Trent that helped me out with a fault on my Omnivent controller at a price far cheaper than buying a new controller. He is a one man band but seems quite knowledgeable. He is/was a caravanner.

The company is Electronic Services (Derby)   

Phone  -  01283 353228

email  -  info@electronicservices-derby.co.uk

Hope this might help.

young thomas replied on 02/11/2021 09:50

Posted on 02/11/2021 09:50

I have a tame pal locally who used to do all my electrical stuff for years...VCR, DVD, TV etc, etc....and the odd PCB.

But as mentioned, suppliers/dealers don't have technical expertise at this level, a swap is quicker for them, but far dearer for the customer...

I had a swap on my Dometic fridge that wasn't sending the ignite signal to the burner when on gas....a couple of pence soldering job for my pal...but £150 for the PCB plus fitting plus.....👎 

IanTG replied on 03/11/2021 18:11

Posted on 03/11/2021 18:11

Mmm, you may get more responses - if that’s what you need - by reposting this thread elsewhere, as currently it’s sitting in ‘Storage’, meaning caravan and MH storage.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook