Wrap round cushions Sprite Major

CTD31 replied on 16/10/2017 11:42

Posted on 16/10/2017 11:42

Hi

I am looking to remove my central chest of drawers in my Sprite Major 6 (2016 model, Elodie grey & lime fabric).  I am trying to find out how to replace the cushions without spending £150 from Swift!

Has anyone done this without buying the dealer option cushions or as a long shot does anyone have any of said cushions they would be willing to sell?!

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions...

ValDa replied on 16/10/2017 12:22

Posted on 16/10/2017 12:22

You can find replacement cushions on ebay (search for caravan cushions) which may be the right size, but actually unless you're very lucky, and someone has replaced their cushions with a chest, then it probably won't be a lot cheaper than the manufacturer option.

We have a set of front cushions (good clean condition) which we took out of our Adria - We replaced our cushions with a chest of drawers!   If you give me the sizes of your 'space' (width, height, depth of each cushion and the length of the gap) then I'll check to see if they fit.  You can have them free of charge of they're any good - if we can arrange pick-up/delivery.   You can then get them recovered in fabric to match (or contrast with) your current upholstery.  If you're interested email me on valdaathome@gmail.com

Cornersteady replied on 17/10/2017 17:40

Posted on 17/10/2017 17:40

just out of interest CTD31, how do you remove the chest in the first place. We're forever dropping things (usually pens) between the back of the drawers and the front wall of the van. We now have a long piece of flat wood to push the lost item sideways.

replied on 17/10/2017 19:32

Posted on 17/10/2017 17:40 by Cornersteady

just out of interest CTD31, how do you remove the chest in the first place. We're forever dropping things (usually pens) between the back of the drawers and the front wall of the van. We now have a long piece of flat wood to push the lost item sideways.

Posted on 17/10/2017 19:32

I thought that they simply lifted up? 

CTD31 replied on 18/10/2017 11:43

Posted on 18/10/2017 11:43

Hi - I believe it is 2 screws underneath but I haven't tried yet!  Will update once we've given it a go!

Navigateur replied on 18/10/2017 15:59

Posted on 18/10/2017 15:59

There will be somewhere near you a company that makes seating for bars and clubs. They may not be well advertised as the general public is not their market. They will be able to make cushions to what size, material and filling you want.

CTD31 replied on 23/10/2017 10:24

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:24

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

For those wondering how its done - we took out the cushions nearest the unit, there were 2 screws each side at the bottom which easily unscrewed with a screw driver.  The whole unit then lifted out including the case, this is why you need a piece of wood/ply after its removed as once you pull the bed slats out to make the bed it leaves a hole!

It was very easy and the bed can now be enormous!  Only warning is that the unit is heavy so make sure you empty the drawers first.  

jennyc replied on 05/11/2017 08:46

Posted on 17/10/2017 17:40 by Cornersteady

Posted on 05/11/2017 08:46

We temporarily removed ours when we were running the electrical cable for an alde load monitor in our Swift van. With the side cushions removed, four screws, placed vertically could easily be seen. They screwed into flimsy plastic rails. Once removed, the chest simple lifted out. For the most part, gravity seems to hold the chest in place, with the screws there just to stop it sliding. Total time to remove the cushions, screws and chest must have been less than five minutes.

ScreenName43C5EB904E replied on 06/08/2020 23:05

Posted on 06/08/2020 23:05

Hi - I’m looking to move the drawer unit from the centre to the end of the seating area. This is because its really difficult watching telly, so I want to create a horseshoe seat. Has anyone done this? Thanks 

lornalou1 replied on 07/08/2020 12:05

Posted on 06/08/2020 23:05 by ScreenName43C5EB904E

Hi - I’m looking to move the drawer unit from the centre to the end of the seating area. This is because its really difficult watching telly, so I want to create a horseshoe seat. Has anyone done this? Thanks 

Posted on 07/08/2020 12:05

I would ask this question as a new post rather than tagging on to a 3 year old one. get more reply's 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook