Window stay lock

Elsa replied on 06/03/2018 11:39

Posted on 06/03/2018 11:39

Hi, There was a unit that you can buy, That stop thief from open your window stay from outside of your caravan and motorhome, it was made of metal plate that you slide on and lock it, 

I just can't remember the name of the product, Can you help, Please,

Thanks Elsa

replied on 06/03/2018 11:55

Posted on 06/03/2018 11:55

There is this one. http://lock-m-out.co.uk/

Personally I would not fit one. If a thief wants to get in they will do. I prefer as little damage as possible.

commeyras replied on 06/03/2018 12:30

Posted on 06/03/2018 12:30

Agree with ET.  However looking at his link I see that 'lock-me-out' say that 'probably' most of thefts to a caravan are with entry through a window.  I would have thought that the door was the most vulnerable point.  Milenco do a door security lock if you are worried.  Don't take valuables with us on holiday anyway.  Suppose a battery, contents of awnings or aquaroll are the easiest to pinch - and also the plastic cover on the pump connection,  some b..... d stole mine last year whilst my caravan was in my Gold Storage compound.yell

replied on 06/03/2018 12:52

Posted on 06/03/2018 12:52

A few years ago somebody arrived on site without their caravan key. I think hey had  a spare in the caravan  laughing

It took me about 30 seconds to open the small kitchen window without damage and for chaps son to gain access.

At a dealership a chap had a similar problem. I told him to speak to the workshop and a chap came out and opened a window in a similar time frame. 

Apperley replied on 06/03/2018 18:21

Posted on 06/03/2018 18:21

I bought and fitted a set of Lock-em-out window locks. Firstly the web site is very helpful in my view. The locks seem well engineered and fit nicely. They do provide a discrete visual deterrence for anyone looking at your windows. 

My view was that for the price it might provide additional security bearing in mind Easy T’s comments about how easy the windows actually are to open.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook