Which Tyre inflator?

Branksomeduo replied on 07/06/2020 15:10

Posted on 07/06/2020 15:10

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a tyre inflator for my caravan. Have a Halfords one for the car which charges from cigarette lighter but the lead won’t reach from car to van unless it is alongside and not sure it is powerful enough for caravan tyres. Need something easy to use. Do digital cordless ones work on caravan tyres? 

SteveL replied on 07/06/2020 15:22

Posted on 07/06/2020 15:22

This one works well with our MH tyres ( similar pressure to caravan). Wouldn't be any good for inflating from flat but has sufficient charge to easily top up all four and still have plenty left over.

Unfortunately no longer available from the Amazon supplier I obtained it from but can recommend if you can obtain elsewhere.

MikeyA replied on 07/06/2020 18:39

Posted on 07/06/2020 15:10 by Branksomeduo

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a tyre inflator for my caravan. Have a Halfords one for the car which charges from cigarette lighter but the lead won’t reach from car to van unless it is alongside and not sure it is powerful enough for caravan tyres. Need something easy to use. Do digital cordless ones work on caravan tyres? 

Posted on 07/06/2020 18:39

I assume that that the vast majority of the time you will only be adding a couple of PSI - even in the event of a puncture you will be using a spare. 

I always use a cycle track pump, it is quick, easy, quiet and  you have no problems with leads! 

I also use this pump to raise the car tyres to "towing pressure"

ocsid replied on 07/06/2020 21:27

Posted on 07/06/2020 18:39 by MikeyA

I assume that that the vast majority of the time you will only be adding a couple of PSI - even in the event of a puncture you will be using a spare. 

I always use a cycle track pump, it is quick, easy, quiet and  you have no problems with leads! 

I also use this pump to raise the car tyres to "towing pressure"

Posted on 07/06/2020 21:27

I am another user of a cycle track pump, it is well suited for the high pressure often encountered in caravan & motor home tyres.

Mine is an early version of the Joe Blow Sport, unfortunately I presently can't find a link to a well discounted offer, thought they are quite frequently sold sub £30.

Joe Blow III

no one replied on 07/06/2020 23:21

Posted on 07/06/2020 23:21

michelin tyre inflator

I have one of these (just noticed the price has gone down) inflates very quickly and quietly from low to the 65psi needed in my MH tyres. distance wise, it reaches about 5m, but a 12v extension lead would do the job. or a cig lighter socket with battery clips (which I keep in the supplied bag as well) to connect to your caravan.

there is a 240v version as well

Branksomeduo replied on 08/06/2020 10:45

Posted on 08/06/2020 10:45

Thankyou all for suggestions. I like the idea of a cycle track pump as presumably just needs a bit of physical activity rather than electricity, but will investigate all advice. Am a bit of a novice and put off by anything too technical.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook