Weber Go-Anywhere Gas BBQ

hitchglitch replied on 04/04/2016 20:59

Posted on 04/04/2016 20:59

i have downsized from a Weber Baby Q to this smaller and lighter unit. The problem is that it is mainly designed for threaded cartridges. I have a long hose and adapter for BBQ point on the motorhome but cannot find an adaptor to fit a hose to the BBQ. Weber sell an adaptor, hose and regulator but £40 to throw away the short hose and regulator which I don't need seems too much. I have spoken to Weber and trawled the web without luck.

I do wonder actually whether it is possible to unscrew the brass section on the Weber which holds the female thread to accept the cartridge but not sure what this would leave me with.

Any ideas?

hitchglitch replied on 05/04/2016 19:22

Posted on 05/04/2016 19:22

Can you not source a spigot with the same thread?

Well, I could take a stab at he diameter but haven't a clue what thread they use in USA products.

Boff replied on 07/04/2016 16:56

Posted on 07/04/2016 16:56

Sorry I'm not understanding are you looking to keep the regulator in situ and attach a hose to it?

Boff replied on 07/04/2016 17:15

Posted on 07/04/2016 17:15

This might not help much I do believe is correct.  

The thread you are looking for is  7/16th UNEF thread.  The £40 weber adaptor doesnt have a regulator it is a clip on connection.  

hitchglitch replied on 08/04/2016 08:35

Posted on 08/04/2016 08:35

Thanks boff. Screw cartridges have an ISO thread to EN417 so the adapter needs the same male thread. 7/16 would be about the size. The BBQ has no regulator, cartridges are self-regulating I assume. It's just that the accessory that Weber sell has adapter, hose (short) and regulator wheras if you have an external BBQ point in van or motorhome it is already regulated so I would be paying £40 when all I need is a £3 brass fitting!.

Boff replied on 08/04/2016 11:18

Posted on 08/04/2016 11:18

Sorry Hitchglitch I think that you are mistaken. I believe that the part you screw the gas canister or for that matter the £40 Weber adaptor is a regulator, with an isolator switch fitted to switch off the gas.   If it is not a regulator that mean the BBQ is being run from high pressure gas.  If this is the case then I would think that the oorrafice in the jet would be too small to work on 30mb gas supply. If I am correct then the other end of the Adaptor won't be a regulator but a clip on connector for a patio gas bottle.  I think if you were to put gas through two regulators of similar output pressures you would get much flow through the second regulator.

http://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/weber-go-anywhere-gas-bbq.html

If you look at the link posted above.  It goes to a current "mk2" Go-anywhere, which I assume is the one you have?   However if you press the link on the page to the manual it is of the previous mk1 version, which shows a seperate regulator on a short length of pipe which was identical to the one fitted to my Q100 until I converted it.  

The main point is I don't think even if you were to buy the Adaptor it would be suitable for use on a gas point on a motor home and you would have to fit it to a seperate gas bottle.  

PS I could be talking rubbish and do stand to be corrected. 

hitchglitch replied on 08/04/2016 14:01

Posted on 08/04/2016 14:01

The manual is for an older version and the cartridge now screws straight into the BBQ; same idea though.

The part I am referring to is Weber 8482 (you can Google it if interested).I have to say that it does rather look like a clip-on adapter rather than a regulator which would mean that it is HP hose and no use. I assumed it was like the Q100 but maybe not.

Regrettably I have given up and bought a couple of cartridges. Probably a better solution anyway as I can now site it wherever I like without worry.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook