Vango Awning - good warranty!

HillClimb replied on 06/07/2017 00:39

Posted on 06/07/2017 00:39

We bought a Vango Varkala 10 months ago when we got our new caravan. Done around 50 nights in caravan most of those with the Vango Varkala pitched.

Very happy with the awning in use; but we recently noticed that the seam at the top of the awning rail (kador strip) near the air beams was coming undone.According to Vango it is tested in a wind tunnel up to 100kph. We've had a few occasions where there have been high'ish  winds - according to the weather websites only about 50kph which is enough to cause the awning to momentarily "buckle" then springs back in to shape. So perhaps Vango have proved it doesn't get blown away below 100kph but it deforms and jostles the caravan long before that.

Fortunately the awning is covered by a 2 year warranty - so I contacted the retailer asked for a warranty repair but given that the awning is big and weighs approx 25kg I also them to arrange courier collection.

Couple of days later a courier picked up the awning and a week later they returned it fully repaired - it is great to see a company fully honour their warranty - well done Vango   

richardandros replied on 06/07/2017 08:28

Posted on 06/07/2017 08:28

Nice to hear!  I had a similar experience with Kampa when our new awning failed to inflate properly at the start of a two week holiday in Devon, two years ago. Between the Kampa Rep and our dealer, they sent a new one to me by overnight courier which was there before 0900 the following morning - all at absolutely no cost to me.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook