Using Avtex AMR994/5 as a Club WIFI Repeater

ClubMemberFAD832786D replied on 26/07/2024 12:28

Posted on 26/07/2024 12:28

Hi all. Just had an Avtex AMR995X (5G version) fitted to my van. The mobile functionality works a treat. You can also use it as a wifi repeater for local wifi. The site I'm on has poor phone reception so I'm trying to connect it the club wifi. That should be doable, but I can't get it to work.

When you connect to the club wifi through a phone, there is initially no password, but it then passes you to the sign-in page where you enter your email address and password.

When I try to connect via the router, I select the club wifi, but it is asking me for also enter a wifi password and it won't allow me to leave it blank. I don't understand why.

Has anybody else had success connecting in this way??

ClubMemberFAD832786D replied on 26/07/2024 15:17

Posted on 26/07/2024 15:17

I should have added that I have a little TP-Link device (TL-WR802N) which does exactly what I'm trying to do. but I was expecting to be able to do both via the Avtex.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook