TV Solution

Debbie Phillips replied on 18/06/2021 18:02

Posted on 18/06/2021 18:02

Hi, I'm looking for a 12v TV with PVR and bluetooth function. However the bluetooth must be a sender/output as I want to send it to speakers due to hard of hearing. Does anyone own such a device.

young thomas replied on 18/06/2021 18:12

Posted on 18/06/2021 18:12

i recently bought a bluetooth sender/receiver to link my tv to a set of wireless headphones for watching movies...

technically it worked, but (unlike when just sending audio) due to cheap/slow innards it suffered from lipsync issues...

it was cheap but was also advertised as having electrinich which got over these...

Debbie Phillips replied on 19/06/2021 07:16

Posted on 18/06/2021 18:12 by young thomas

i recently bought a bluetooth sender/receiver to link my tv to a set of wireless headphones for watching movies...

technically it worked, but (unlike when just sending audio) due to cheap/slow innards it suffered from lipsync issues...

it was cheap but was also advertised as having electrinich which got over these...

Posted on 19/06/2021 07:16

Thanks but wanted to avoid ancillarys and find a perfect solution

richardandros replied on 19/06/2021 07:51

Posted on 19/06/2021 07:51

I think you might struggle to find a 12v TV with those features built in if that's what you are looking for. However, I can recommend the Avantree HT5009 headphones which are 'low latency', therefore no sncying problems as described by BB and the latest version of transmitter which comes with them, will also operate a soundbar simultaneously. They're not cheap at over £100 but having used them for the last 3 years with our TV at home, I can vouch for their effectiveness.

peedee replied on 19/06/2021 08:01

Posted on 19/06/2021 08:01

I do the same as BB. My rechargeable battery powered adapter simply plugs into  the headphone jack. I have used it with a cheap pair of blue tooth headphones and Sony ear buds and not noticed any lip sync problems.

peedee

peedee replied on 19/06/2021 10:15

Posted on 19/06/2021 10:15

From a quick Google it appears only the larger TVs come with bluetooth? If you aready have a TV buying an adapter would be the way to go. >This one< is similar to what I have and the cost very little.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook