Tv in spain

susanwilson replied on 01/10/2017 20:05

Posted on 01/10/2017 20:05

Hi quys.  I'm taking the van to Spain for winter and wondered what satallite disc folk use.  I've seen that the vuqube 2 recieves several satalites n wondered if anyone had used this in spain and would you recommend it. 

Thanks in advance 

Tammygirl replied on 01/10/2017 20:25

Posted on 01/10/2017 20:25

Hi susan, I'm not familiar with the system you suggest but we do holiday in Spain and you need a huge dish 1m to 1.4m to be able to receive UKtv channels. If you subscribe to sky and have pay to view channels then you can take your sky+box with you and with an 85cm dish receive these channels I believe.

A few years ago you could pick up UK tv no problem but they have changed it and its not so easy these days. Some sites you can rent a dish at others you could use the internet to view it. The other choice is to take dvds or a portable harddrive.

Vicmallows replied on 01/10/2017 21:46

Posted on 01/10/2017 21:46

Last winter in southern Spain we survived quite well via the site internet and using FilmOn.  A few really long stayers took out deals for personal wifi broadband access with local providers giving them perfect streaming.

The problem now is that FilmOn has started charging .. and quite a lot! So you are now looking at rather more complex ways around if you do want internet TV of the main UK stations.

Radio though is easy to stream on any wifi you can find, and not even an exorbitant cost via the mobile 3G.

allanandjean replied on 02/10/2017 00:03

Posted on 02/10/2017 00:03

Hi Susan, I think the Qube is equivalent to a 54cm dish so probably not much use for British TV. We have a dish and receiver but have gone down the route of watching over wifi and used FilmOn before they started to charge and this year used TVCatchUp and WatchBritishTV but neither was very reliable.

Intend to try Watch UK TV Abroad which has been mentioned in forums and is £5.99 for a month so not bad.

Philnffc replied on 02/10/2017 14:58

Posted on 02/10/2017 14:58

Hi Susan

Where abouts in Spain are you going???, we live in the Southern Alicante region and all the sites locally offer IPTV through local WiFi providers at around 20/30 Euros a month but this is proving you stay three months or more, Google the locality where you are going and it will give you a choice of provider.

El Grupo TVHoradada is one local provider that covers some local sites.

Vuqube will not work here and you will need a 1.4 M dish to get UKtv, there are still a few Satellite engineers out here that will also provide you with a dish for  a one off payment of around 200 euros fully fitted which you can keep for future years, this option does take away quite a bit of your pitch though.

Regards

Phil

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook