TV booster cable .

wye replied on 12/11/2017 17:10

Posted on 12/11/2017 17:10

Need some advice please .

Off tomorrow on a 11 day 4 site trip visiting  family first stop Huntersmoon site .

The other 3 sites are CLs , this will only be our second stay on a club site in 15 years .

We are adviced that we will need a TV booster , and told 25 mtrs is usefull , they don't keep them for hire or sale , so its coax  cable and what plugs a male and a female ?

Thanks

mickysf replied on 13/11/2017 07:29

Posted on 13/11/2017 07:29

A bit confused, do you need a TV booster (signal) or a cable or both. I bought a TV booster from Boyes and made my own TV cable and fly leads up. Best to buy top quality cable and connecters mind. Some Booster units need the screw on connecters

replied on 13/11/2017 07:36

Posted on 13/11/2017 07:36

I assume that as 'it' is 25m long that the OP refers to hook up on bollard

EmilysDad replied on 13/11/2017 11:56

Posted on 13/11/2017 07:29 by mickysf

A bit confused, do you need a TV booster (signal) or a cable or both. I bought a TV booster from Boyes and made my own TV cable and fly leads up. Best to buy top quality cable and connecters mind. Some Booster units need the screw on connecters

Posted on 13/11/2017 11:56

It depends on the site. Some sites that might be in a valley don't get a signal so a booster has nothing to boost. These sites then have their own aerial & have an aerial socket on the post ..... same as you would have at home. You'd then use your 25m cable between the post & the back of your telly.

Caravans usually have their own booster for use with its own aerial.

CBRBlackbird replied on 13/11/2017 17:34

Posted on 13/11/2017 17:34

Never had to use a 'booster' Just a length of co-ax (25m) and the right plugs on the end. As has been said some bollars are co-ax, some are F-type. Likewise, check what is need on your van. My Lunar is F-type as its intended to be used with external sat dishes.

JVB66 replied on 13/11/2017 17:53

Posted on 13/11/2017 17:53

You will not need a booster on a club site as the signal is already "boosted via the site tv system ,but you will need a coax lead with a male plug each end one end plugs into the EHU  bollard and the other directly into your Tv via a "window?"wrote is recommended it being the same length as most EHU leads,do not go via the van booster or use an in line booster as will not work,you will need to do a retune on the tv once plugged in to the site system

mickysf replied on 13/11/2017 18:01

Posted on 13/11/2017 17:53 by JVB66

You will not need a booster on a club site as the signal is already "boosted via the site tv system ,but you will need a coax lead with a male plug each end one end plugs into the EHU  bollard and the other directly into your Tv via a "window?"wrote is recommended it being the same length as most EHU leads,do not go via the van booster or use an in line booster as will not work,you will need to do a retune on the tv once plugged in to the site system

Posted on 13/11/2017 18:01

I've been on several C&MC sites where there is no TV point on the bollard so signal has to be from your own aerial, a few of these sites have also been in poor signal areas where a booster was also required. You will also need to note if it's horizontal or vertical polarisation of the aerial too!

JVB66 replied on 14/11/2017 11:18

Posted on 13/11/2017 18:01 by mickysf

I've been on several C&MC sites where there is no TV point on the bollard so signal has to be from your own aerial, a few of these sites have also been in poor signal areas where a booster was also required. You will also need to note if it's horizontal or vertical polarisation of the aerial too!

Posted on 14/11/2017 11:18

I thought we were talking about Hunters Moon?undecided

I suppose I should have added any cc site that says tv poor,  hook up cable req

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook