Truma water pump

moggers replied on 14/07/2017 17:29

Posted on 14/07/2017 17:29

Does anyone else think that the water pump supplied by Truma to Bailey Caravans (supplied with my 2016 Pursuit) is not very good?

From it's very first use mine has constantly needed fixing as the flexible water hose that fits to the assembly that makes the connection to the caravan, keeps coming off. Consequently our water barrel empties at twice the normal rate because half the water supplied by the pump ends up on the grass. I have to unclip the top and re-fit the hose clip frequently each time we go away.

I wrote to Truma, but they appear to be unaware of the poor design of the product.

I even tried a different hose clip, but this has not worked, although it is better than the original.

Milothedog replied on 14/07/2017 19:06

Posted on 14/07/2017 19:06

Never had any issues with it on my Coachman Amara?  I have an Elddis now with the Whale system which actually seems a little better to me in that the flap locks the plug in the socket.

mylo replied on 14/07/2017 22:20

Posted on 14/07/2017 22:20

Hi I have 2016 bailey never. Had a problem with pump or pipe can't  remember a clip being on pipe

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook