Truma Ultraflow water inlet hose

BikingBob replied on 24/08/2018 14:51

Posted on 24/08/2018 14:51

I have recently had to replace the above for my van but am finding the hose is tending to curl whilst in the aquaroll and thereby allowing air to be drawn in as the water level reduces. Has anyone experienced this and/or any suggestions for solving, please?

One thought is to weight the filter but what to use?

Many thanks.

ask66 replied on 26/01/2019 18:28

Posted on 26/01/2019 18:28

Hi BikingBob,

Did you ever find a solution to the problem?  I've only just seen your post but maybe five months late is better than no reply at all?!

My solution was to run the inlet hose through a piece of rigid plastic pipe within the Aquaroll itself - I used some surplus 3/4 inch overflow pipe.  I ran the pipe vertically from the inlet to the bottom of the Aquaroll.  In fact this still allows it to lift a little (diagonally).  If I did it again I'd use a longer piece of rigid pipe, run diagonally to the bottom of the Aquaroll - this would leave no room at all for it to lift.

Would be interesting to know what others have done!

richardandros replied on 27/01/2019 05:54

Posted on 27/01/2019 05:54

I noticed this problem on our new Knaus Starclass which was fitted with the Truma Ultraflow system.  It was a pain, not only for the reasons mentioned in the OP, but also you have to remove the pump/hose completely every time you fill the Aquaroll because there's nowhere to clip the pump / hose as on the Whale system.  Added to which the water flow from the Truma pump is much less than the Whale High Flow.

The solution was quite simple - I bought the Whale High Flow pump with the Truma connection which is a one for one replacement and sold by most caravan dealers.  Pipe is more flexible, water flow vastly improved and there is a clip on the top to take the hose whilst filling the Aquaroll.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook