Truma to Weber BBQ connecting

Dave Kent replied on 29/07/2020 14:38

Posted on 29/07/2020 14:38

Can anyone give me advice on how to connect a small Weber gas bbq to  a Truma gas outlet fitted to my Motorhome. 

SteveL replied on 29/07/2020 16:22

Posted on 29/07/2020 16:22

Assuming the small BBQ has a length of gas tube that normally attaches to a regulator on a gas bottle, you need one of these quick connectors, one ed of which pushes into the end of the hose. The other end pushes into the end of the tap ( no seperate regulator required, as the BBQ point is on the output side of the MH bulkhead one)  Once attached turn, I think it was a yellow tap, to turn on the gas. To disconnect, turn off and push up ring on tap.

Forest Gate replied on 29/07/2020 19:57

Posted on 29/07/2020 19:57

In addition to Steve L's advice I would just add that on my caravan there is the on/off tap at the gas outlet / BBQ point on the outside of the van but there is also a "mains" BBQ tap in the cupboard under the sink. If you have one it might be in a different location on your vehicle but both would need to be turned on for the external supply to work.

Hope this helps.

richardandros replied on 30/07/2020 10:43

Posted on 30/07/2020 10:43

Dave - if it's the Baby Q - it's fairly straightforward.  In addition to the advice above about the connector, you need to remove the existing regulator and pipe attached to the BBQ which takes the small gas cylinders. Then attach a piece of gas hose - suggest about 3 metres - to the inlet on the BBQ using a gas pipe clip - and the same at the other end to take the caravan adaptor.

I found the existing connection on the BBQ very tight and a bit difficult to get a spanner round the nut that secures it without there being a danger of bending the burner pipe.  I found I had to remove the right hand handle (again very tightly screwed together) to allow me to hold the end of the burner pipe with some grips to stop it bending whilst undoing the nut. Hope you can follow that!

Dave Kent replied on 30/07/2020 11:00

Posted on 30/07/2020 11:00

Thanks for the replies - the bbq is the portable  Go Anywhere which has a different connection. Weber do an adapter kit with a regulator to fit a gas bottle but not the connector on its own as far as I can see.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook