Towsure Mover

Toro replied on 15/08/2017 12:22

Posted on 15/08/2017 12:22

Has anyone any opinion of the Towsure motor mover. It is on offer just now with a 10% discount and I was wondering just how good they are. They do come with a 5 year guarantee.  

Applause replied on 18/08/2017 19:34

Posted on 18/08/2017 19:34

I'd also be interested on a reply to this question. I've been looking at some for a while from the expensive ones at approx £1500 for single axle to budget ones at approx £600. Put auto or manual engagement in with weight and ground clearance and it becomes difficult to decide, any ideas? 

DougS replied on 20/08/2017 16:05

Posted on 20/08/2017 16:05

Originally paid £500 for Truma manual engagement (keep it simple, less to go wrong?) single axle has served us well, being invaluable for tight pitches and being self sufficient. 5 year warranty which was never needed (long may it continue). Never had problem with ground clearance. Weight 34kg (would like less but you do need to know how much to deduct from your payload - can your MTPLM  be upgraded?

paul56 replied on 20/08/2017 18:56

Posted on 20/08/2017 18:56

We bought a mover from Towsure about 7 or 8 years ago and paid to have it fitted by one of their recommended mechanics.

He turned up at our storage site with the mover, fitted it all and checked it was working etc. It turned out we were fitted with a Purpleline Enduro, which has been great - except when the electronic box of tricks stopped working after about 3 years - I sent it back along with the hand controller but Purpleline couldn't get it to work either. They did sell me another one at a much reduced rate which was easy to plug in. 

No problems at all since and still going strong.

Toro replied on 20/08/2017 22:46

Posted on 20/08/2017 22:46

Thank you all for your replies. I was trawling the websites for as much info as I could gather. Apart from weight issues, one website was from a firm of nationwide installers who also respond to various manufacturers warranties. They found that they had more warranty issues with gear-driven movers as opposed to chain-driven models and had less problems with manual engagement models than auto-engagement movers. (To offset that I do not know what the sales ratio is between chain or gear reduction drives). The other point to consider is the warranties and who is providing them.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook