Towing mirrors for Audi Q3

Neil Pilkington replied on 25/05/2017 21:44

Posted on 25/05/2017 21:44

Could any members recommend the best type of towing mirror for a Audi Q3, my current mirrors for my Shogun clamp on the top of the mirror casing but I wasn't sure if this type would be suitable for the Audi, any comments would be very welcome. Thanks.

DSB replied on 27/05/2017 19:24

Posted on 27/05/2017 19:24

I'm almost certain that others will disagree with me, and I have to say, I am not familiar with the wing mirror of the Audi. 

We use the same type of wing mirror as you on the Discovery (it sounds like the Aero range) and to be honest, I've not been very impressed.  I find them a bit of a fiddle and quite awkward to get in the right position.

I am really on the verge of going back to my suck-it-and-see mirrors.  These fit on the centre of the wing mirror and you can adjust them to the correct position by using the electronic wing mirror adustment.  The reason I stopped using them is that many said they rated the Aero mirrors and that the suck-it-and-see put stress on the actual mirror and mechanism.  Personally, I don't find the Aero as good and have never experienced a problem with the suck-it-and-see.

I guess the suck-it-and-see will fit all types - it's worth going to have a look at them in a shop.

I know many will disagree with this but it's just my personal preference - I know many get on really well with the aero type and swear by them.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook