Towing mirrors

ScreenName8114D58C50 replied on 04/04/2021 23:00

Posted on 04/04/2021 23:00

i have just purchased a bmw x5 2020 ref g05 and cant seem to find a match for suitable towing mirrors there is a brand EMUK  i think do them but which ones as there very expensive anybody had similar issue and can offer way forward

eribaMotters replied on 05/04/2021 10:44

Posted on 05/04/2021 10:44

EMUK do one, possibly two generic mirrors I believe. If going this route I would stick with Milenco as you are not really buying in to what they are about.

I swapped to the model specific version for my Audi A3 last summer. It took some searching to find a pair at a distributor as they only made them for a short period, EMUK manufactures had no stock and would not be making any more. You will have to buy from Germany. I used this company who stock more than they advertise and e-mailed them in English without any problem.

https://www.l-parts.de/info/mein-kontakt.html?language=de

The mirrors are engineered. A cast aluminium bracket fits snuggly around the body of your mirror. Once set it can be removed and refitted in seconds, usually without any fine tuning. They are rock solid and even at typically £110+ I don't think I would now use anything else.

Colin

Tinwheeler replied on 05/04/2021 12:44

Posted on 05/04/2021 12:44

Btw, if you visit 'My Profile' at the head of the page, you will be able to alter your username to one of your choice.

IanTG replied on 11/04/2021 08:32

Posted on 11/04/2021 08:32

Copied below is a posting I made earlier in a similar thread.....

I too recently bought a 2019 X5 (although an X30D)  and was helped by the dealer, as a member of staff had previously purchased mirrors which did fit, and they brought them in to confirm to me which brand did fit.

I purchased this brand (EMUK) from Germany by phone. They spoke perfect English, and sent me English links to enable me to order, after first establishing beyond doubt that they were the correct ones. And the mirrors took all of 48 hours to arrive at my home, from Germany.

This is the website https://www.autoteile-herr.de/

and the phone number +4923719210691

Ask for Stefanie, she is most helpful, and says she smiles at the many times she gets orders from uK.

worth having a look, or chat with them. The EMUK mirrors are the most solidly connected I’ve ever used.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook