TomTom go camper - black Friday special - any good

AnneGary replied on 30/11/2020 12:14

Posted on 30/11/2020 12:14

Having documented how rubbish out in car Audi satnav is I've been thinking about getting the above standalone from TomTom. Price has put me off at approx £360, but had an email today with an offer of £270.

I'd welcome opinions please. (other than use a map!)

thanks 

DavidKlyne replied on 30/11/2020 12:21

Posted on 30/11/2020 12:21

I can't speak for the particular device but I have uploaded the TomTom Camper maps onto a lesser TomTom device and have to say it has taken me all around the UK and Europe relatively trouble free.

David

replied on 30/11/2020 12:34

Posted on 30/11/2020 12:34

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

cyberyacht replied on 30/11/2020 17:44

Posted on 30/11/2020 17:44

I bought one a couple of days before lockdown yell so it's not been used in combat yet. All I've done so far is load CAMC sites & CL POIs. to the ones that came with it.

SeasideBill replied on 30/11/2020 19:08

Posted on 30/11/2020 19:08

Not entirely sure it’s worth the premium for the ‘camper’ version versus base model. Features like wifi updating, bluetooth phone connection and voice commands are useful, but most of us can live without them. The voice command can activate itself if your conversation accidentally includes the key words - a bit annoying if it then interprets it as a command and does something it shouldn’t just at the wrong moment e.g. middle of busy junction in Barcelona! Careful with the POIs, the screen can get very busy if you get carried away downloading stuff and I’ve never found a way of deleting them once you’ve loaded them! You have to rely on a small range of coloured identical symbols to identify the POI rather than use more obvious icons. You can obviously input your MH dimensions, but it’s only as good as the base mapping derived from one or another source so don’t expect miracles or even improvements over the base model in that regard.

Comments based on version purchased 2 years ago so spec might have changed.

Rufs replied on 03/12/2020 11:17

Posted on 03/12/2020 11:17

Snooper have got their caravan model on special offer at £195, saving £85, i have been using one for approx 4 years now, it has not got all the bells and whistles as mentioned by SB, but i use it in conjunction with google earth, so you can get the lats and longs from google earth and feed them into Snooper along with the dimensions of your caravan/MH, works ok for me laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook