Thule Awning Hard to Open

Colin the Kiwi replied on 26/06/2018 14:11

Posted on 26/06/2018 14:11

I've got a new Thule Omnistor 8000 awning. Recently I've had trouble getting it to open. i'm wondering if there is a trick I'm missing?

I insert the handle, turn it 90 degrees anticlockwise to engage, then pull it down slightly and turn clockwise to open.

The handle turns and the awning starts to move, but then seems to jam on the inside. I can wriggle the ends (stand on a chair) and it goes POP and then I can open it, but this can't be normal.

Any helpful hints greatly appreciated.

peedee replied on 26/06/2018 18:44

Posted on 26/06/2018 18:44

Once open, i would try spraying the ends on the motorhome with silicone grease and manually operate the catches to loosen them up. I assume as it is new dirt has not accumulated.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 26/06/2018 19:00

Posted on 26/06/2018 19:00

If it is new,  contact where it was fitted,as it must still be under warranty?we had a similar "problem"on our 6000 it needed some adjustment via the spacer bolts

Colin the Kiwi replied on 28/06/2018 19:12

Posted on 28/06/2018 19:12

Yes its under warranty, however we are in the midst of Poland so access to the dealer back in the UK is a few months away yet.

I silicon sprayed the latches at each end and all seems to be well now.

Many thanks!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook