Thetford seal replacement

valeter replied on 05/10/2017 11:09

Posted on 05/10/2017 11:09

I have tried to replace the seal on my c250 toilet I followed the instructions  as practical caravan and am unable to loosen the the seal flap.tried all sorts to loosen it.Any ideas don't want break lt

Metheven replied on 05/10/2017 11:31

Posted on 05/10/2017 11:31

If you are talking about this one like mine after a good clean, then yes it will be very difficult to twist. You do have to create some leverage (I used a longer cut piece of wood between the cover slide) but it won't just break free, apply constant turning force and it will slowly turn all the way to the open arrow marking. Remember to lubricate before re-assembling, it's nearly as hard to do that. laughing

commeyras replied on 08/10/2017 13:48

Posted on 08/10/2017 13:48

Suggest you use the grey sliding cover to give you more leverage.  Just put in in the other way round and it should do the trick.  Did for me.

unclemike replied on 12/10/2017 20:47

Posted on 12/10/2017 20:47

I have used an old number plate for some time to remove the main assembly in order to replace seal etc. As can be seen in photos, carefully cut/ file one side of number plate until it is a good sliding fit between grey plate sliding grooves. The number plate I have used is just the right thickness and gives good leverage, make sure the main assy. Is turned to line up the triangle symbol with the open round symbol on the cassette 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook