T5 300mm LED LIGHT TUBES

Pigford replied on 31/01/2018 20:06

Posted on 31/01/2018 20:06

Hi,

I'm looking at changing the strip light bulbs (T5 300mm Fluorescent tubes) in my Auto Sleeper MH.

Its a year 2000 (W) so has the older tyoe 12" tubes with 2 x pins each end.

My aim is to swap the tubes for nice LED tubes - less power used.

So far all I can find are tubes for around £12 ea!!!! That'll be £150 for all of them in my MH.

Anyone got any cheaper suppliers of LED 300mm tubes in the UK?

Cheers Mark (in the dark)

Phishing replied on 01/02/2018 21:37

Posted on 01/02/2018 21:37

No, £12 is a decent price.

Consider replacing with LED strips instead of the tube type. There is no reason to put LEDs in a tube other than they fit into existing fittings. The strips are far easier to fit and cheap. 1000s on ebay.

You need to be handy with a soldering iron but just buy a strip of 12v white LEDs and you can be really creative with the internal lights for not a lot of money.

mickysf replied on 02/02/2018 11:06

Posted on 02/02/2018 11:06

Very true, it's fun too, you can get colour/mood changing ones which operate from a remote for that Walton Family experience from the comfort of your bed.wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook