Swift Challenger 2012 front locker door

Richard M replied on 05/06/2014 09:47

Posted on 05/06/2014 09:47

I towed home my son-in-laws swift challenger yesterday in wet conditions and when putting it in to internal storage I noticed the front locker door seemed to be bowed out in the middle and both end catches were correctly locked. When I opened the locker door i discovered that most things were wet.Water had obviously been streaming in up and under the door while travelling. I relocked it and found that my fingers easily fitted between the seals and the door.

Also I hate these front locker door catches (I have a swift also) Has anyone a solution for the bowing, and is there any Retro fit catches that provide a much better than these cheap one fitted by swift.

ScreenName2D2DDC8DFA replied on 10/08/2021 16:00

Posted on 05/06/2014 09:47 by Richard M

I towed home my son-in-laws swift challenger yesterday in wet conditions and when putting it in to internal storage I noticed the front locker door seemed to be bowed out in the middle and both end catches were correctly locked. When I opened the locker door i discovered that most things were wet.Water had obviously been streaming in up and under the door while travelling. I relocked it and found that my fingers easily fitted between the seals and the door.

Also I hate these front locker door catches (I have a swift also) Has anyone a solution for the bowing, and is there any Retro fit catches that provide a much better than these cheap one fitted by swift.

Posted on 10/08/2021 16:00

Hi did you ever get a fix for this, I have the same issue on my 2012 challenger 585

many thanks

Mark

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook