Sunncamp Swift de luxe 260 awning

moulesy replied on 21/05/2019 11:59

Posted on 21/05/2019 11:59

I'm thinking of buying one of these little awnings.

At the moment we have the other shape of sunncamp awning, the sort of half dome shape with 3 fibreglass poles. Unfortunately the horizontal one which goes in a little sleeve up to the side of the van has scratched our van in the high winds last week. Nothing major, just a bit annoying.

But it looks as if the model of awning I'm looking at - and there seem to be plenty of them about - has no poles actually contacting the side of the van. is that correct?. If anyone has used one, or a similar model of porch awning I'd be grateful for any guidance. smile

Tinwheeler replied on 21/05/2019 12:58

Posted on 21/05/2019 12:58

We had one back in the day of being tuggers, M, although I’m not sure if it was the 260 or the smaller version. 

I appreciate this is a bit too vague to be of much help and things could have changed but, as far as we can recall, there was only the one pole which formed the arch shape at the front and no pole touching the van. The downside was that high winds could collapse the awning in against the van door thus making it difficult to get out.

Overall, we were happy with it as it suited our needs.

moulesy replied on 21/05/2019 13:09

Posted on 21/05/2019 13:09

Thanks for that TW and you are absolutely correct.

I emailed Sunncamp to check this and got a reply within 15 minutes confirming it, which I thought was pretty good on them.

So now to get on and purchase it! smile

Tinwheeler replied on 21/05/2019 13:24

Posted on 21/05/2019 13:24

That’s good service!

We got ours from World of Camping in Redruth but they’re everywhere these days.

I remember ours just had room to house the whirly dryer and, if the weather was iffy, we used to move the dryer into the awning before we went out. It was like a greenhouse and dried the clothes a treat.👍🏻

Cornersteady replied on 21/05/2019 14:19

Posted on 21/05/2019 14:19

we had the same flexi pole suncamp then our present porch awning is a Suncamp air awning but a similar design and area with one air pole, our third year with it. Work well. It's called a suncamp air 260, we got it for just over a £130 at our local dealer

RedKite replied on 21/05/2019 20:19

Posted on 21/05/2019 20:19

Hi Moulesy we have a blue one which we bought last year and are very pleased with it also have an older smaller model but a dark grey colour, very easy to put up which suits us and very light in weight as well, just carbon fibre poles to through the sleeve and two steel poles attach to the carbon ones. Hope this helps.

moulesy replied on 21/05/2019 20:23

Posted on 21/05/2019 20:23

Thanks RK. Definitely going to invest in one before our next trip away. smile

Trini replied on 22/05/2019 19:00

Posted on 22/05/2019 19:00

We have this make of awning which we use for trips from October- February for the very reaon of not poles near the van side.

It is large enough for a dry area and to store our bikes.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook