Sunncamp Envy Awning

Slope Soarer replied on 13/09/2017 20:55

Posted on 13/09/2017 20:55

Hi

I'm considering buying a Sunncamp Envy awning for our little Lunar Venus 320/2. At 2m it will just fit without covering the window. I have also considered the Kampa Rally 200 but it is quite a bit more expensive and has a lower hydrostatic head (4000mm vs 6000mm of the Sunncamp).

Does anyone have any experience of the Sunncamp Envy? If yes how do you rate it? Similarly if you have had good experience of any other 200 size porch awning I'd be very interested to hear!

Regards

Simon

richardandros replied on 14/09/2017 06:14

Posted on 14/09/2017 06:14

Simon - we have two awnings - a Kampa Air Pro 390 and a Sunncamp 220.  I bought the Sunncamp because it was the only 220 on the market and it's just the right size to cover the door and one window on our Bailey Barcelona.  We use it in wet weather and for short stays because, being lightweight, it's much easier to dry if we have to pack up whilst it is still wet.  It only cost £85 new, so my attitude was that if it only lasted a season or two, it wouldn't owe me anything.  That said we've used it, on and off, for three years now and I'm quite impressed with the quality.  It's strong, will withstand fairly strong winds, is totally waterproof and has shown no signs of deterioration whatsoever.  Overall, very impressed with it - especially for the money.

Slope Soarer replied on 14/09/2017 15:30

Posted on 14/09/2017 06:14 by richardandros

Simon - we have two awnings - a Kampa Air Pro 390 and a Sunncamp 220.  I bought the Sunncamp because it was the only 220 on the market and it's just the right size to cover the door and one window on our Bailey Barcelona.  We use it in wet weather and for short stays because, being lightweight, it's much easier to dry if we have to pack up whilst it is still wet.  It only cost £85 new, so my attitude was that if it only lasted a season or two, it wouldn't owe me anything.  That said we've used it, on and off, for three years now and I'm quite impressed with the quality.  It's strong, will withstand fairly strong winds, is totally waterproof and has shown no signs of deterioration whatsoever.  Overall, very impressed with it - especially for the money.

Posted on 14/09/2017 15:30

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. Simon

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook