Suitable porch Awning for Eccles 590

JayBoro replied on 18/10/2020 14:32

Posted on 18/10/2020 14:32

Hello, 

I may have posted in the wrong thread previously.  Lesson learnt not to access via mu mobile phone. 

I've just ordered my first ever caravan. So much to learn! I’m trying to find a porch awning that won’t cover the windows, having read to try and avoid this. 

Does anyone have a 590 and found a suitable size porch awning fitted from the rear of the van?

Thank you in advance. 

Moderator Edit:

Duplicate thread.  Locked.

Tinwheeler replied on 18/10/2020 15:21

Posted on 18/10/2020 15:21

Hi JB.

If you don’t get the info you need, I’d suggest waiting until you get the van and then you can set about it with a tape measure to assess exactly where different models of awnings will sit.

Another school of thought says that it can pay to use the van without an awning to see if you really need what you think you do before splashing the cash.🤷🏻‍♂️

TomL replied on 18/10/2020 22:51

Posted on 18/10/2020 22:51

I agree with Tinwheeler. We wanted a three-quarter awning that would avoid door and rear nearside window of our 2-berth Lunar Stellar. We had one specially made by NR Awnings of Todmorden before thay ceased trading following dreadful floods in that area some years ago. It's great and fits superbly but we've only used it about 4 times in 7 years.

markflip replied on 19/10/2020 00:03

Posted on 19/10/2020 00:03

Usually awning sides are almost vertical from the ends of the tape, so you can see/measure where a porch awning will sit by going on the 'number' a 220 sits nicely on our van (Bailey Pageant Vendee 2004)  with the r/h/s between the door and rear window, covering the door and kitchen window but stopping short of the lounge one, but we could also fit it covering the rear window and door if necessary it all depends on the spacing of the windows, you may get lucky and find someone with your exact caravan model and a porch awning the size you want who reads and will respond to these posts, but probably best to check once you have the van or measurements of the window layout/spacing and check yourself as suggested by TW

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook