Suction Extension Mirrors

Metheven replied on 25/08/2018 12:17

Posted on 25/08/2018 12:17

Yes its been talked about before, and no I can't find it innocent

I would be interested in hearing from those that are using the suction type extension mirrors, unfortunately my Aeros do not fit present car and accessory pads not much good either, so looking at the suction type as an alternative.

1) Do they vibrate much?

2) Have they ever come off whilst travelling?

3) Flat on drivers side or convex?

Cheers

replied on 25/08/2018 12:33

Posted on 25/08/2018 12:33

Not many users around from what I see. Might be worthwhile also starting a thread giving your tow car details and asking what others use for same or similar vehicle. If they were great ion all other aspects the fact that they covey a large part of the viewing area on existing mirror would put me off.

Milothedog replied on 25/08/2018 13:34

Posted on 25/08/2018 13:34

I think the fact that most mirror glass is just clipped on to the motorised mounting in the mirror I would be concerned about the extra stress / force may cause damage to the cars mirror ? 

replied on 25/08/2018 21:14

Posted on 25/08/2018 21:14

I have a set of Suck-it mirrors and used them for a season, but was always worried that they might pull the glass off. When you think that the glass is either clipped on or glued the strain when towing at 60 MPH must be quite a lot. The reason I bought them was because when the car is locked the mirrors turn in and conventional mirrors would dig into the door, so I bought the Suck-it ones, but then changed to mirrors hat have clamps on the top.

To answer your questions:

1) They didn't vibrate too much. 

2) They never came off and do have a safety elastic to hold them in case they do.

3) I used the flat one on the driver's side and convex on the passenger side.

One other thing about them is the mirror heads are quite small and the sucker does cover most of the door mirror.

I hope that helps.

wedgy replied on 02/09/2018 17:51

Posted on 02/09/2018 17:51

Never used anything else for 11 years, never fallen off or damaged the car mirrors. Also can be adjusted as you travel and on modern cars the mirror isn't obstructed that much IMHO. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook