Submersible water pumps

Oneputt replied on 13/03/2018 08:18

Posted on 13/03/2018 08:18

Over the passed couple of years I've been pretty dissatisfied with our Trauma submersible pump. Whilst checking out some stuff on the interweb I came across the Whale pump EP1642 which looks ideal so ordered one straight away.  I checked local stores but they wanted £60+.  I brought one from The Caravan Store for  just under £45.0.

See the video below:

rjb replied on 13/03/2018 09:47

Posted on 13/03/2018 09:47

Very useful post

Metheven replied on 15/03/2018 11:12

Posted on 15/03/2018 11:12

Interesting, although I replace the clear tubing each year it is the Truma trigger part that is fragile. I have just replaced that part due to the retaining clip breaking, next time I will look at the Whale alternative.

jelv replied on 09/10/2018 17:26

Posted on 09/10/2018 17:26

Thanks for this tip! Was in a mess over the weekend because the Truma pump jammed (last thing at night), blew the fuse which also took out the toilet flush. Luckily a friend had spare fuses so was able to get the toilet working the next day. Now ordered the whale pump assembly (and put complete set of spare fuses in to the van!).

Does anyone know of a source for a reasonably priced pump only that could be used to repair the original Truma? As we are often off grid with no facilities having a spare would be good!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook