Sprite musketeer eb 2012 microwave

Zosh1907 replied on 07/05/2019 18:30

Posted on 07/05/2019 18:30

I’ve recently bought the sprite musketeer eb 2012 and there is no microwave or fittings for it.

Can anyone advise the following:-

1. What cupboard this was originally housed in?

2. What were the dimensions of the microwave so I can put one in.

3. How do I secure it after taking the cupboard door off?

4. Should the wattage be 700?

sorry for all the questions lol.

Milothedog replied on 07/05/2019 19:19

Posted on 07/05/2019 19:19

Can't help you with your questions but manufacture fitted microwaves are vented to the outside from what I have seen. It may be worth checking this with the manufacturer. It will also use up some of your user payload. 

FWIW, ours has a factory fitted microwave and we very rarely use it.

KeefySher replied on 07/05/2019 19:59

Posted on 07/05/2019 19:59

A quick google brings up this spec:

https://www.tilshead-caravans.com/2012-sprite-range

The microwave was a dealer fit option, not standard. So it may not have had one fitted in the first place.

Later Swift caravans had a Cata microwave fitted. Often above the hob/oven and in the confined space at the wall/ceiling interface that subjected them to moisture/condensation and failure at around 2.5 to 3 years age. Current models have the microwave not above the hob/oven.

Another issue is a domestic microwave is not suited to being thrown across the country in a wobble box, as advised by Cata technical department when I enquired about repairing our failed one.

The Cata MW was also fitted such that insufficient air gap at the sides effectively blocking off the vents.

You may be better off taking a cheap MW on your travels. I replaced the factory fitted Cata with a cheap Sainsburys home 17litre manual microwave unit that has sufficient air gap around it. I used the fittings off the Cata in a different position. Image below

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook