Spinflo Midi Prima OP60000 grill problem

dajome replied on 07/10/2019 21:35

Posted on 07/10/2019 21:35

I have a Bailey Pageant Vendee 2004 with a Spinflo Midi Prima PO60000 full height oven/ grill but the grill won’t stay alight. I’m assuming it’s the thermocouple as the gas will light ok when I have the gas knob turned on and pushed in, it just won’t stay on when I let go of the knob.

Has anyone had similar problems with this model grill?

Can anyone give me advice and guidance regarding replacing the thermocouple - can I do it with the unit in-situ or do I need to remove the oven/ grill unit first?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

JohnM20 replied on 08/10/2019 08:52

Posted on 08/10/2019 08:52

You may find that the whole of the cooker needs to be removed to get at some of the connections. I hope I'm wrong.  I had to have this done when the thermocouple failed on the top burner of my Spinflo made Thetford cooker. 

Amesford replied on 08/10/2019 10:38

Posted on 08/10/2019 10:38

The rings and grill on the cookers on some of caravans were the same and we had the thermocouples changed but when it happened  on our latest van I pointed this out to our mobile service engineer he just pulled off the knob packed some card in the hole replaced and it worked that was 2 years ago and it still works so I would try that first 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook