Spare wheel

Mobile Dog Kennel replied on 29/01/2018 18:02

Posted on 29/01/2018 18:02

hello all, 2nd post so hope i am doing this in the right place.

i need a spare wheel for my 25 year old peugot boxer motorhome.

the van is l.h.d. and was registered in uk 1993. i dont see how this affects the wheel, but thats the question i have been asked many times today on the phone. i thought it was just a wheel !

the tyres are not a problem, they are 195 / 75 / R 16 c

i have 5 of them !

i am told this is an unusual size for the vehicle, but thats what came with van and i have just renewed them.

i have removed one wheel to measure. 5 holes, 69mm apart and this i am told give a pnd of 130. the big hole in the middle is 70mm. 2 probes poke out from the hub and the distance between them is approx 113mm

anybody who can give me some advice on where to look, or who i might speak to obtain this spare rim ?

i have tried ebay, amazon. but am over whelmed.

i never knew tyres were complicated.

thanks in advance.

shaun

eurortraveller replied on 01/02/2018 10:44

Posted on 01/02/2018 10:44

Take one wheel off and go round the car breakers' yards and see whether they can match it. Good luck. 

DavidKlyne replied on 01/02/2018 11:27

Posted on 01/02/2018 11:27

I did notice the other day when I was looking at the price of alloy wheels for my 2013 Peugeot Boxer than some of the companies selling alloys also do steel wheels so it might be worth a Google. You should also be able to source one from a Peugeot main dealer.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 01/02/2018 13:47

Posted on 01/02/2018 13:47

I bought a steel spare from eBay for our previous MH and then sourced a budget tyre locally. (The budget tyre was adequate as a spare.) I also had to buy bolts for the steel wheel as the others were alloy.

The way I read the OP, the problem seems to be in identifying the size of the wheel needed. Once that is established, MDK will be able to shop around.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook