Screen Cover for Hobby T500.

Paulsy replied on 13/12/2017 12:52

Posted on 13/12/2017 12:52

We are looking for advice on purchasing a screen cover for our Motorhome, Ford Cab - Hobby. We understand that there is a Silverscreen make and also Taylormade, would be grateful for any tips to look out for when making a purchase and also quality, value for money, easy fitting and storage of product .

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Tinwheeler replied on 13/12/2017 14:13

Posted on 13/12/2017 14:13

There’s nothing to choose between Silverscreens and Taylormade. They are the market leaders and both produce first class products which do the job. Check out their websites.

Bakers2 replied on 13/12/2017 15:26

Posted on 13/12/2017 15:26

Agree nothing to choose between two market leaders. You get what you pay for - don't go cheap. Check out eBay too sometimes you'll find what you want. We did.

Easy as to put on and remove. Great for heat and cold. If we have to buy another we'll go for a privacy screen, ours folds down allowing light in which is great unless really hot or really cold. We use ours all the time when away (we have cab curtains on our older motorhome). We even keep it on in storage. Something I wouldn't be without. 

You can get longer ones to cover engine vents. We don't have this so ensure that vents are closed in all but the hottest of weather.

ABM replied on 13/12/2017 16:28

Posted on 13/12/2017 16:28

Only  slight  variations  'tween  Taylormade  &  Silver Screen  but  enough  to  make  it  worth  checking  them  both  out  !

Taylormade  attend  shows  but  Silver Screens  don't,  so  you  cannot  do  an  actual  'hands on'  comparison  before  purchase.  However  I've  never  had  any  problems  dealing  with  either  of  the  companies.  { I've  had  covers  from  each  of  them  at  different  times  for  different m/vans - it's only  been  down  to  which  firm  I  remembered  first surprised !}

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook