Safety Jackets

Chris Smith 89 replied on 05/03/2020 10:57

Posted on 05/03/2020 10:57

Hey everyone,

I've seen a couple of close call videos on my daily dive down the YouTube/Reddit rabbithole and I'm seriously considering investing in a high vis jacket for any stops by the side of the road. The winter months in particularly look like you can take your life into your own hands stopping on a motorwarway hard shoulder or a country road to check the towbar. 

Anyone else use similar, or am I being paranoid?

Thanks,

Chris 

EmilysDad replied on 26/05/2020 16:07

Posted on 26/05/2020 16:07

I just carry a Hi-Viz vest in the car rather than a full jacket ..... fortunately never had the need to use it!

Tinwheeler replied on 26/05/2020 16:16

Posted on 26/05/2020 16:16

We carry one each in the car and the MH. The vests are really cheap so having 4 didn’t push the boat out😀. They screw up easily for shoving in door pockets or glovebox which a hefty jacket would not.

PS. We had a vest for our dog too.

ABM replied on 26/05/2020 17:12

Posted on 26/05/2020 17:12

I see several Full Hi-Vis Suited gentlefolk ambling round the world these days, Chris,  quite possibly 'cos they are totally w/proof and easily renewable at lowish cost should they get damaged or over dirty. Some are yellow, some orange and most have reflective strips on them should one of those pavement cyclists happen to have  a working front light. Unlikely I know but ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

lornalou1 replied on 26/05/2020 17:18

Posted on 05/03/2020 10:57 by Chris Smith 89

Hey everyone,

I've seen a couple of close call videos on my daily dive down the YouTube/Reddit rabbithole and I'm seriously considering investing in a high vis jacket for any stops by the side of the road. The winter months in particularly look like you can take your life into your own hands stopping on a motorwarway hard shoulder or a country road to check the towbar. 

Anyone else use similar, or am I being paranoid?

Thanks,

Chris 

Posted on 26/05/2020 17:18

Why would you want to check the towbar, especially on the motorway hard shoulder as the missing caravan/trailer would tell you something is wrong. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook