Safe Fill, Gaslow or Gas It?

alanbee replied on 27/10/2017 17:24

Posted on 27/10/2017 17:24

Hi,

I've googled these refillable gas bottle options to bits and read all the comments on how, where to refill and associated problems with them. However, I am still going to make the switch as we are mostly off grid and spending a fortune on calor. My question is (and I know there isn't a simple answer) which is the preferred system between Safe fill, Gaslow or Gas It. I don't intend any fixed system, just a removable bottle from the locker to refill and there won't be any travelling abroad so just UK refilling options? Thanks for comments

DaveCyn replied on 27/10/2017 19:06

Posted on 27/10/2017 19:06

There's a thread on refillable gas bottles in "Tips for making Caravanning cheaper"

Personally we are on Safefill. 

briantimber replied on 27/10/2017 19:46

Posted on 27/10/2017 19:46

ab, if you want a removable cylinder then I can vouch for Safe fill.

I've used it without problem for quite a few years now, also, I only ever use one as you can see the contents, so fill before running out. Win Win....cool

Bezzashubby replied on 01/11/2017 22:47

Posted on 01/11/2017 22:47

Safefill has worked ok for me, I bought the 10kg bottle(£160) in 2015. Not looked back, as already paid for itself. Do go away a lot, would be nice to get the tax of the gas though. May get a second smaller bottle for the other side of the front box, do find the 10kg bottle a bit of a fiddle to get in and out as it’s taller than the locker door.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook