Pressure relief valve

Bewitch replied on 18/07/2020 14:19

Posted on 18/07/2020 14:19

hi. been looking through the topics but can not find my problem. had a leak from the inlet valve so i replaced the unit no problem. then on checking i had a small leak on the release valve when the water got hot. took the cascade vent off and the valve was leaking from the side. just to old i guess. anyway took this out and replaced with new. done both sides as both as old as each other. done many checks and happy with it. but went to put the vent back on the side of the van only to find the valve is to long. don't seemed to be able to find shorter ones. also found info to say they don't make the old ones anymore. so question is how do people get around it. perhaps a spacer of 10mm all the way around or is there a newer type of vent i have to buy to go with it. my Manuel says its a cascade 11. caravan is a 1994/95. need to get sorted got camp sites booked up. thanks to all in advance. 

ocsid replied on 18/07/2020 15:19

Posted on 18/07/2020 15:19

The man to contact for both advice and component support for all things Carver is "Gary" of Arcsystems biz, if anyone can steer you to a solution it is him. 

https://www.arcsystems.biz/

Bewitch replied on 19/07/2020 09:23

Posted on 19/07/2020 09:23

sent arcsystems a email. thanks. also have now tracked down the smaller valve so hopefully will be ok. worst scenario i put a blanking plug in and put the valve elsewhere leading of the water pipe.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook