Portable rotary clothes airer

fatbelly replied on 30/05/2017 07:14

Posted on 30/05/2017 07:14

Hi

We need a portable rotary clothes airer to take to France in our Motorhome this summer. Is there any particular brand you can recommend and any particular website to purchase from.

Thanks

replied on 30/05/2017 07:56

Posted on 30/05/2017 07:56

We've had the Argos freestanding rotary airer for years. Its in stock for £21.99

Bakers2 replied on 30/05/2017 08:00

Posted on 30/05/2017 08:00

We use a flat airer that fixes on the window of our motorhome.  Plenty for towel drying and a small wash. Very easy to store and very light.

SteveL replied on 30/05/2017 08:11

Posted on 30/05/2017 08:11

Our blinds come up from the bottom on this van, so the hang on window one ceased to be of any use. We bought a rotary one from a local caravan dealer for about £25. No idea of make but it is reasonably well put together, from rectangular section light weight aluminium. The main thing is to peg it down. We use four pegs with the large hooked plastic tops. One over each of the tripod legs and one in the centre. If you fail to do this you are likely to find your washing on the floor, if a breeze gets up.

Bakers2 replied on 30/05/2017 08:16

Posted on 30/05/2017 08:16

Oh I've always thought blinds coming up rather than down are so practicable but there is a snag 😂

ValDa replied on 30/05/2017 08:48

Posted on 30/05/2017 08:48

There are various types, one with three support legs and three arms (several makes), one with three legs and four arms, and one with four support legs and four arms, and from experience we've found the four leg variety much more stable.  Our new four legged one also came with loops and pegs, to fix it into the ground.  My OH had to modify the three legged one by adding some loops.   Stability is important when camping where you can have a very sudden gust of strong wind, which disappears as quickly as it arrived.

Have a look on ebay - caravan washing line and you'll see the different types.

Caravanners can also buy a bracket which means they can use just the stem, attached to the jockey wheel fixing (but make sure you have room for the dryer to turn without fouling the windows - we've seen that happen!).

CBRBlackbird replied on 30/05/2017 18:36

Posted on 30/05/2017 18:36

I also have the one from Argos. Aluminium and packs away quite small and has peg holes at the bottom of the legs.

Just one thing, and I think this is the same with all of them, they are not rotary like a home use ones, that turns in the wind.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook