One for Lutz I think

EmilysDad replied on 22/07/2021 21:29

Posted on 22/07/2021 21:29

I'm trying to remember the name of a variation on the 13 pin car socket that was basically a 12N socket with another row of spade connections around it so that you could plug a variant 13 pin caravan plug into but still allowed you to plug a 12N plug into that might still be on a trailer. I don't think Blighty ever used them .... I've only ever seen 1 & that was on a Dutch caravan, but I know that Lutz has mentioned them in the passed. Google just shows a 'normal' 13 pin plug/socket.

TIA

TonyBurton replied on 23/07/2021 15:57

Posted on 23/07/2021 15:57

I'm not sure why you need this. On my last car I fitted a 13pin plug one side of the hitch and a 12N and 12S on the other side. I just teed the appropriate wires together in the boot. It was much better than plugging in a convertor plug and socket.

EmilysDad replied on 23/07/2021 19:45

Posted on 23/07/2021 19:45

It's for elsewhere on the Interweb. I don't want to fit one, I just wanted the name of them to get details of them. As above I've only ever seen one of them but I know they've been discussed here before & Lutz said their name.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook