Omnivent

JohnM20 replied on 12/07/2017 09:14

Posted on 12/07/2017 09:14

Does anyone have a contact email address / website for Omnivent? I don't seem to be able to find anything.

I have a progressively worsening problem with my unit which has the electronic control. I can't go to my local dealer who I would use for warranty work as they have gone out of business.

Just in case anyone has had a similar problem and found a cure, please let me know. (I've tried a search on here and it returned 0 results for Omnivent).  The fault on mine is that it frequently either fails to start at all or sometimes stops after a minute or so. I have found that if I give the fan a bit of a turn manually it will sometimes start which suggests a motor problem rather than the electronic 'switch' control. It would appear from my trawl through various forums online that it is a known problem going back to at least 2012 but with no definitive cure.The indicator light also  sometimes flashes between the various setting indicators.

SteveL replied on 12/07/2017 10:50

Posted on 12/07/2017 10:50

I must admit to being a bit confused. Used to have one on our last van, but not the electronic control. I thought it was made by Thule, however there website calls it a motorised vent. I am not sure if this is the same product, but there are contact options on the website.

Thule

steved28 replied on 12/07/2017 12:49

Posted on 12/07/2017 09:14 by JohnM20

Does anyone have a contact email address / website for Omnivent? I don't seem to be able to find anything.

I have a progressively worsening problem with my unit which has the electronic control. I can't go to my local dealer who I would use for warranty work as they have gone out of business.

Just in case anyone has had a similar problem and found a cure, please let me know. (I've tried a search on here and it returned 0 results for Omnivent).  The fault on mine is that it frequently either fails to start at all or sometimes stops after a minute or so. I have found that if I give the fan a bit of a turn manually it will sometimes start which suggests a motor problem rather than the electronic 'switch' control. It would appear from my trawl through various forums online that it is a known problem going back to at least 2012 but with no definitive cure.The indicator light also  sometimes flashes between the various setting indicators.

Posted on 12/07/2017 12:49

We had exactly the same problem as you have, changed the motor very easy to do yourself .  

This cured the problem 2 years now still no issues.

steve

JohnM20 replied on 12/07/2017 15:10

Posted on 12/07/2017 15:10

Thanks for your replies SteveL and steved28. I have looked at the Thule website believing they were / are the manufacturers of the Omnivent but as you rightly say SteveL they call it a motorised vent with no reference to Omnivent.

I'm sure the motor is very easy to replace and I'm capable of doing it but the caravan is still under warranty and therefore so is the Omnivent. I know I can buy a motor at a cost of over £75.00 but me doing the job may invalidate the remains of the warranty should another part of the vent fail at a later date. I have spoken to Lunar who have been helpful but not, if you know what I mean. They know that my local dealer in Derby has gone out of business and gave me the name of a company in Chesterfield but with the added comment that they won't do warranty work unless the caravan was bought from them. The next nearest dealer is 45 miles away.

Reading an old thread on Caravan Talk, back in 2012 the problem was known about. One poster said he had used electric motor cleaning fluid that he bought from a model shop. This, he claims, cured the problem so I might give that a try.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook