Omnistor 6200 fitting instructions to caravan roof

flumpetting replied on 08/04/2019 15:53

Posted on 08/04/2019 15:53

Hi

I want to fit an Omnistor 6200 or 6300 to the roof of my caravan (Bessacarr 525, 2010), but i can't find any fitting instructions or sizes of the fitting brackets.  Does anyone have any experice of this?  

I want to have it bonded rather than drilled.  i know Rose Awings will do this, but they are too far for me to travel and they can't come to me.

There are a number of different roof adaptors, but i don't know which one will fit as there are no sizes related to the information.

Is it simply a case of identifying the right bracket and bonding it to the roof, and screwing the onmistor to the bracket...?

Caravan is out of warrenty, so not worried about invalidating that.  

thanks

replied on 08/04/2019 16:38

Posted on 08/04/2019 16:38

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 08/04/2019 17:44

Posted on 08/04/2019 17:44

I suggest a call to rose awnings and ask them they are very helpfull    ,as unless you have a solid roof  and alloy frame as Bailey then it may be diifficult to get specific brackets ,when we had ours fitted they had the c/van all day to ensure the bonding to set so that there no holes having to be drilled into body, 

Ps if you do fit one ensure you also get the sealing strip that ensures the awning has a waterproof seal between van roof and awning

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook